CCO Statement Regarding COVID-19
We are happy to return to normal operations and are actively seeing patients!
As many of you are aware, Governor Kemp issued Executive Order 4.23.20.02 which permits many businesses to reopen. The CDC Interim Guidelines are still effective and give us the recommendations on how we can see patients and what procedures we can perform. The Governor’s EO allows us to return to normal operation and follow the guidelines placed, as listed below. Drs. Harter and Culberson have been on the front line of understanding the legislation which governs operating a dental practice.
The current guidelines encourage us to use caution in reopening by using screening protocols, complying with social distancing standards, and using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and infection control protocols to prevent or deter the spread of this virus and every virus in existence. This is called “Universal Precautions” and we have followed these protocols for years, if not decades! At this point, we are allowed to see “emergent” or “urgent” issues only until further notice.
We have actively made changes to our practice. It, in fact will look and operate a little differently than you expect as a result of following the “Interim Guidelines” of the CDC and OSHA recommendations. We don’t want this to alarm anyone!
The facts are that a dental office is a very safe place to be BECAUSE we have used a very high standard of cleanliness and sterilization. It is just part of how we operate daily. It isn’t new to us!
What you’ll see and be asked to do:
- Understand that safety is our primary concern and we are working hard to maintain the best safety and infection control.
- Participate in pre-screening by answering a confidential questionnaire regarding exposure to COVID and your state of well-being.
- We ask that you remain in your car as much as possible as use our parking lot as a “Virtual Waiting Area”.
- If the office is running behind schedule, we might ask you to return to your car. We will call you when we are clear to see you safely.
- Adhere to social distancing concept by maintain 6 foot spacing between you and others. This obviously cannot exist when you are receiving your care – that’s why we will be wearing our masks and face shields!
- We will triage issues, meaning that we will have to select to correct large issues and limit activity for your appointment. We might not be able to perform all the tasks that we typically like to handle. We will discuss what we will do with you at the “next appointment.”
- We will do our best to inform you or your parent (for adolescents) of the issues at hand and a plan to correct them.
- We will not be able to have extensive conversations as we typically like to do. We ask that you understand this in regards to seeing the nearly 2000 appointments that were rescheduled due to COVID 19.
Resources for our recommendations: American Dental Association, Georgia Dental Association, American Association of Orthodontists, Georgia Department of Public Health, Georgia Board of Dentistry, and Governor’s Executive Order.
Your CCO team has always been concerned with the spread of communicable disease. We continue to practice strict universal infection control protocols in our office for your safety. Your health and well-being, as well as that of our team, are our primary concern.
IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY: Please call 7065494748 and follow the prompts for reaching the doctor on-call. PLEASE understand that this is to be used IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY. This includes appliances that are cutting tissue, causing swelling or infection or intense pain. The doctor on-call will NOT handle questions regarding scheduling or finances.
For issues which are minor in nature, please refer to our emergency video resource page by clicking HERE. We have found that these alone can prevent a small problem from becoming a large problem.
We look forward to resuming the forward progress for our patients. We miss you all already!
Based on guidelines set by the CDC and the DPH, the following protocols are implemented in our office, effective immediately.
Patients who have a fever, believe they are showing signs of infection, or who live with someone with symptoms, will be asked to reschedule their appointments.
Help us prevent the spread of viruses by washing your hands before your appointments.
Please do not bring sick family members to appointments.
Please understand our team will refrain from handshakes.
For the latest information on our practice relative to the COVID – 19 outbreak, please also check our Facebook page.
Thank you for trusting us to be part of your healthcare team!
Thank you, Athens, for voting us the Best Orthodontist in the area!
We are happy when our clients are happy and to be voted the “Best Orthodontist” in your area, is an honor. We strive to be the best everyday, because our patients deserve just that. The Best Team, the Best Technology, the Best Experience for our clients. It’s what we’d want for ourselves and it’s what we want for you! Don’t settle for second place.
Welcome, Dr C!
Dr. Harter and Team CCO recently welcomed the addition of our associate orthodontist, Dr. Alex Culberson, to our practice. Dr. Culberson joined our team at both Classic City Orthodontics office locations May 13th and instantly made many connections with our patients and the community. To say that he’s the perfect fit is an understatement.
“Dr. C” shares our passion for excellence in patient care. Dr. Culberson is a graduate of the University of Georgia, The Dental College of Georgia, and he completed his orthodontic residency at The Ohio State University.
Dr. Culberson and his wife, Elizabeth Anne, are both from Eatonton. They enjoy many sports, spending time outdoors, and cheering for the Dawgs! Please join us in welcoming Dr. C and Elizabeth Anne home to CCO!
Where’s your orthodontic home?
We ask that you consider choosing an office to call “home.” Doing so will allow our team to properly store your custom-designed appliances, reducing the chance of you coming to one office while your appliance is in the other location.
For more than 30 years we have been Creating Classic Smiles. Now, we are doing so with two knowledgeable doctors, in two comfortable locations, with one first-class team, and one overall vision: to provide the very best orthodontic care in a happy, caring environment.
Thank you for trusting us with your smile!
Drs. Harter, Culberson, and the CCO Team